9.12.10

Tag: Fashion disaster, am I?

I was tagged for this list on Facebook but I'm completing it here because it makes for a fun post. Despite now owning anything from any of the 'must-have' brands, I don't feel like a fashion disaster. As in, I am a fashion disaster in many ways (another post, another time), but not because I don't do brands. I do own a Dior perfume (J'adore, luuuurve it) but that was a gift from Partner and not something I purchased. Strangely, Partner buys me 'better' stuff -- if you believe that anything branded is better in quality than non-branded stuff -- than I buy for myself. The reasons for this are
(a) I get supremely self-conscious about money I'd spend on a branded item; it's my middle-class background that says any (super)expensive purchase for self is not only unnecessary ("Don't be a show off!"), it's also selfish ("You should save" or "You could spend that on grocery."); and (b) Partner has better taste than me (!) whether its in jewellery or clothes. Unfortunately for poor Partner, it means I drag him for most/every shopping trip. :))

Here goes the tag -- I'd have loved to tag some other bloggers, but don't know who's reading anymore! -- if you haven't done this before and don't mind -- tag-along. Oh yes, I am modifying the list a bit to fit in certain important changes. Like the fact that you might own some stuff but they don't fit anymore!Also since this list seemed aimed more at Indian women, I've also changed/added some stuff to be more world-friendly. :)

How many of these fashion items do you have? A website (*they are not paying me to promote them) has compiled a list of must-have fashion items for men and women .

(1) Copy the list on your blog. (2) Bold those items that you have, italicize the ones you don't fit into anymore!!! (3) If you have an alternate or BETTER brand, write it next to the brands given in red. (4) Tag your friends to see how they're going. Tag me as well so I can see your responses !

  1. Little black dress 
  2. Black flats 
  3. Gold hoop earrings 
  4. Mac waterproof mascara 
  5. A black clutch 
  6. Sling bag 
  7. Gucci /Hermes-Berkin/Chanel/Prada Bag 
  8. Light-colored cotton saree/ A vintage summer dress 
  9. Summer scarf 
  10. Bright-colored umbrella 
  11. A red/purple/blue handbag 
  12. Over-sized t-shirt 
  13. Pencil skirt  
  14. Black crepe/georgette saree 
  15. Louboutin shoes/high heels
  16. Le Smoking Jacket/Suit By YSL 
  17. Trench coat 
  18. Crisp white cotton button-down blouse/shirt  
  19. Solid wash jeans 
  20. Leather jacket 
  21. Pair of black pumps 
  22. Knee-length boots 
  23. Silver earrings/baalis/hoops 
  24. Leather / satin/ kid gloves 
  25. Sexy black/red stilettos 
  26. Turquoise stone bangles 
  27. Ipod 
  28. Platform shoes 
  29. Sexy swimsuit 
  30. Toe ring 
  31. Tattoo 
  32. Black tank-top 
  33. Hot pants 
  34. Kajal/kohl 
  35. Banarasee/Kanjivaram Saree Or an ethnic dress purchased when travelling 
  36. Beach sarong 
  37. Oversized  sunglasses 
  38. White salwar kameez/ white pencil pants 
  39. An evening gown/ Chic racing wear
  40. Classic leather belt
  41. Lingerie By Victoria's Secret 
  42. Summer hat OR a gorgeous racing hat
  43. Chanel/Hugo Boss/Dior/Ysl Perfume
  44. Silk stockings
  45. Iphone 
  46. Kundan choker/ studded choker 
  47. Pearl necklace 
  48. Faux-fur outerwear 
  49. Halterneck dress/halter top 
  50. Body-piercing 
  51. Silver /junk snklet/bracelet/armlet 
  52. Clinique set
  53. Churidaar-kameez Or skinny jeans
  54. Platinum band/Ring
  55. Bracelet watch

1 comment:

BlogJunta said...

Hi,
We have read few of your posts and hence this comment.
Blogjunta .com is hosting the first of its kind Best of Indian Blogopshere 2010 polls. Do particiapte in it.
To know more visit www.blogjunta.com
P.S: Sorry we were not able to locate your mail ID hence dropping a note here.
Drop us a mail at blogjunta(at)gmail(dot)com
Yours Bloggingly,
Team Blogjunta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...